Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Merck ( MRK) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 3.5%. By the end of trading, Merck fell $0.89 (-1.7%) to $52.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15,215,122 shares of Merck exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,446,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.92-$53.15 after having opened the day at $52.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.97. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Oramed Pharmaceuticals ( ORMP), down 24.1%, Galena Biopharma ( GALE), down 19.9%, Vanda Pharmaceuticals ( VNDA), down 16.0% and PTC Therapeutics ( PTCT), down 14.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Merck Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.