Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Anadarko Petroleum ( APC) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2.0%. By the end of trading, Anadarko Petroleum fell $2.52 (-3.1%) to $78.17 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,344,852 shares of Anadarko Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,710,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $78.15-$81.37 after having opened the day at $80.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.69. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: James River Coal Company ( JRCC), down 19.1%, Sutor Technology Group ( SUTR), down 12.1%, FX Energy ( FXEN), down 10.3% and China Natural Resources ( CHNR), down 9.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Anadarko Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.