Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.6%. By the end of trading, CarMax rose $0.65 (1.4%) to $45.76 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,081,850 shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,752,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $45.29-$46.90 after having opened the day at $45.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.11. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Sport Chalet ( SPCHA), up 8.4%, Sport Chalet ( SPCHB), up 3.0%, Perfumania Holdings ( PERF), up 2.5% and Trans World Entertainment ( TWMC), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.