Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AOL ( AOL) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.9%. By the end of trading, AOL rose $0.79 (1.7%) to $46.87 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,686,924 shares of AOL exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,428,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.25-$49.91 after having opened the day at $47.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.08. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Remark Media ( MARK), up 4.1%, Internet Initiative Japan ( IIJI), up 2.1% and Zynga ( ZNGA), up 2.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full AOL Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.