Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Anadarko Petroleum ( APC) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Anadarko Petroleum as such a stock due to the following factors:
- APC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $345.3 million.
- APC is down 2.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APC: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation engages in the exploration, development, production, and marketing of natural gas, crude oil, condensate, and natural gas liquids (NGLs) in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. APC has a PE ratio of 23.3. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate Anadarko Petroleum a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Anadarko Petroleum has been 4.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Anadarko has a market cap of $41.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.64 and a short float of 1.7% with 1.58 days to cover. Shares are up 1.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Anadarko Petroleum as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 50.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $121.00 million to $182.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP is rather high; currently it is at 56.82%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.80% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $1,779.00 million or 20.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -44.35%.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Anadarko Petroleum Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.