BA+Dividend+History+Chart

Turning to the other side of the option chain, we highlight one call contract of particular interest for the April expiration, for shareholders of Boeing Co. ( BA) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2.4% annualized dividend yield. Selling the covered call at the $130 strike and collecting the premium based on the $3.20 bid, annualizes to an additional 12.5% rate of return against the current stock price (this is what we at Stock Options Channel refer to as the YieldBoost), for a total of 14.9% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $130 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but BA shares would have to climb 4.6% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 7.2% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

START SLIDESHOW:
Top YieldBoost BA Calls »

The chart below shows the trailing twelve month trading history for Boeing Co. , highlighting in green where the $110 strike is located relative to that history, and highlighting the $130 strike in red:

Loading+chart++2014+TickerTech.com

The chart above, and the stock's historical volatility, can be a helpful guide in combination with fundamental analysis to judge whether selling the April put or call options highlighted in this article deliver a rate of return that represents good reward for the risks. We calculate the trailing twelve month volatility for Boeing Co. (considering the last 251 trading day BA historical stock prices using closing values, as well as today's price of $124.44) to be 21%.

If you liked this article you might like

Defense Stocks Take Off as North Korea Tensions Rise

Tax Reform Is Coming and That Means Trump Stock Rally Is Ready to Kill It Again

'Trump Stock' Rally Is Back on Track

FireEye Says Iranian Hackers Target Aerospace and Energy Firms

FedEx Makes A Comeback: Cramer's Top Takeaways