Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Dupont Fabros Technology (NYSE: DFT) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- DFT's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 33.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $13.66 million to $18.27 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 76.90% to $53.11 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DUPONT FABROS TECHNOLOGY INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -0.44%.
- 39.72% is the gross profit margin for DUPONT FABROS TECHNOLOGY INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 18.36% trails the industry average.
- DUPONT FABROS TECHNOLOGY INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DUPONT FABROS TECHNOLOGY INC reported lower earnings of $0.32 versus $0.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.40 versus $0.32).