- FLDM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.9 million.
- FLDM has traded 12,291 shares today.
- FLDM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FLDM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FLDM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FLDM: Fluidigm Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets microfluidic systems for academic research institutions, clinical laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnology and Ag-Bio companies. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Fluidigm Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Fluidigm Corporation has been 273,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Fluidigm has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.26 and a short float of 4.3% with 1.46 days to cover. Shares are up 4.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Fluidigm Corporation as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been unimpressive growth in net income over time. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 3.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$4.15 million to -$4.29 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry and the overall market, FLUIDIGM CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for FLUIDIGM CORP is currently very high, coming in at 75.50%. Regardless of FLDM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, FLDM's net profit margin of -23.43% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 60.79% to -$1.31 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.98%.
- FLDM has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.06, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Fluidigm Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.