- CYTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.6 million.
- CYTR has traded 84,224 shares today.
- CYTR is up 4.2% today.
- CYTR was down 13% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CYTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CYTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CYTR: CytRx Corporation is a biopharmaceutical research and development company specializing in oncology. Its oncology pipeline includes two programs, aldoxorubicin and tamibarotene, which are in clinical development for cancer indications. The average volume for CytRx Corporation has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CytRx has a market cap of $308.9 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 20% with 1.60 days to cover. Shares are up 17.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CytRx Corporation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 730.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.58 million to -$9.98 million.
- The gross profit margin for CYTRX CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 0.00%. CYTR has continued with the weak profit margin when compared to the same quarter of last year.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$4.85 million or 10.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 10.25%, CYTRX CORP is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -19.86%.
- CYTRX CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CYTRX CORP reported poor results of -$0.91 versus -$0.84 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.81 versus -$0.91).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CYTRX CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full CytRx Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.