Today Citi launched its redesigned Citi Mobile® app for iPhone® and Android™ devices to provide U.S. banking and credit card customers with new and enhanced mobile account management capabilities. New features, a cleaner, sleeker design, intuitive navigation and alerts on-the-go have been added to make it faster and simpler for customers to check balances, transfer money and make deposits and payments. Over time, the new application will go live to Citi customers around the world. The U.S. launch includes a limited beta test of Citi Mobile® Snapshot, a new opt-in feature that enables customers to check deposit and credit card balances and recent transactions without having to log into their accounts. Citi is the first major U.S. bank to offer the feature, which is expected to be rolled out to all U.S. customers later this year. Citi was also the first major U.S. bank to launch a mobile application in 2007. “At Citi we want our customers to have remarkable experiences in every way they interact with us and manage their accounts,” said Melissa Stevens, Managing Director, Citi Internet & Mobile. “Citi Mobile is a vital and growing channel for our customers, so we have reimagined what mobile banking looks like and produced a new app that is designed specifically for how people bank on their phones. We have added new features and intuitive navigation to make Citi Mobile - the first of its kind when it launched seven years ago - an industry leader again and an even easier way for people to manage their accounts on-the-go.” New Citi Mobile features include:
- Citi Mobile Snapshot: Citibank and credit card customers who choose to enroll in Citi Mobile Snapshot will have quick access to their basic account information merely by opening the Citi Mobile app. The new feature will help enrolled banking and credit card customers monitor their accounts on-the-go by displaying balances and the 15 most recent transactions without requiring them to log in every time. Information will be shown only for customers who choose to opt in by enrolling in the feature. All account transactions will continue to require log-in authorization. The beta test period is in place to help optimize the feature based on direct customer feedback.
- Advanced Mobile-Specific Design: Citi has received numerous accolades for its uniquely-designed Citibank for iPad® app that provides a robust experience specific to the tablet. Designed specifically for a mobile interface, the new Citi Mobile app was reengineered to enhance how customers view and access account information on their phones. Moving away from a sequential navigation, the new app features a fluid single-screen layout that makes navigation by the touch of a finger easier, faster and more intuitive.
- Streamlined Payment and Transfer Options: Customers can utilize simplified menus for payments and transfers, with faster access to popular banking functions like Popmoney® personal payment service, which enables users to pay other people directly from their Citibank account, and Mobile Check Deposit, which allows users to deposit checks into their account with the snap of their mobile camera. By simply clicking an icon, a menu now opens all of the potential payments and transfer tasks users may need to complete, making it quicker than ever to check off banking to-dos on the go.
- Automatic Notifications: New push notifications will help customers stay on top of their finances. Citi Mobile customers can now receive account-specific notifications on the status and activity of their deposit and credit card accounts, such as when a check has cleared, a balance has fallen below a set threshold, or a payment is due.
- Expanded Transaction Search Capability: Customers will find it easier to sort and search through their transaction history and edit or cancel scheduled payments.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://new.citi.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi© 2014 Citigroup Inc. Citibank, N.A., Member FDIC. Citi, Citi and Arc Design, Citibank and Arc Design and Citi Mobile are registered service marks of Citigroup Inc. iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.