|1. San Antonio||11. Columbia, S.C.|
|2. Seattle||12. San Jose, Calif.|
|3. Knoxville, Tenn.||13. Murfreesboro, Tenn.|
|4. Miami||14. Round Rock, Texas|
|5. Alexandria, Va.||15. Sioux City, S.D.|
|6. Orlando, Fla.||16. Las Vegas|
|7. Vancouver, Wash.||17. Pittsburgh|
|8. Cincinnati||18. Everett, Wash.|
|9. Spokane, Wash.||19. Erie, Pa.|
|10. Dayton, Ohio||20. Clearwater, Fla.|
Some of the interesting findings in Amazon’s romantic data unveiled that:
- Love is in the air in San Antonio and Seattle! In the five years that Amazon has announced its most romantic cities, this year marks the first time ever San Antonio has made the top 20 list. It also marks the first time since 2010 that Seattle has ranked among the top 20.
- The big movers and shakers this year were San Antonio, Seattle, Spokane, Wash., San Jose and Sioux City, S.D., all of which didn’t make the top 20 list last year.
- Knoxville, Tenn., fell from its love perch after a two year reign as the most romantic city in the U.S., slipping to No. 3. But don’t worry Knoxville – you still beat out your old archrival Alexandria, Va.
- Washington State is for lovers! Four Washington cities – Seattle, Vancouver, Spokane and Everett – ranked among the top 20 most romantic cities.
- On the other end of the spectrum, San Buenaventura, Calif., New York and El Monte, Calif., need to turn up the heat. These three came in as the least romantic cities in the U.S. based on Amazon customers’ purchase habits.
- Cities that unfortunately didn’t make the list include Loveladies, N.J.; Handsome Eddy, N.Y.; Loveland, Colo.; Loving, Ky.; Valentine, Neb.; Sweet Lips, Tenn.; and Romance, W.Va.
Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.ca, www.amazon.cn, www.amazon.it, www.amazon.es, www.amazon.com.br, www.amazon.in, www.amazon.com.mx, and www.amazon.com.au. As used herein, “Amazon.com,” “we,” “our” and similar terms include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise.Forward-Looking Statements This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly from management’s expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to competition, management of growth, new products, services and technologies, potential fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment and data center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, inventory, government regulation and taxation, payments and fraud. More information about factors that potentially could affect Amazon.com’s financial results is included in Amazon.com’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent filings.