Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPG Industries ( PPG) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries fell $2.31 (-1.2%) to $182.36 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,355,653 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 835,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $181.43-$184.50 after having opened the day at $182.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $184.67. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: REX American Resources ( REX), down 5.9%, Penford Corporation ( PENX), down 5.1%, Amyris ( AMRS), down 4.1% and Minerals Technologies ( MTX), down 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PPG Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.