Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Citigroup ( C) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Citigroup fell $0.87 (-1.8%) to $47.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 33,140,881 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 23,940,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.29-$48.20 after having opened the day at $47.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.30. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Broadway Financial ( BYFC), down 17.8%, Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico SAB de CV ( BSMX), down 9.8%, Wayne Savings ( WAYN), down 9.6% and Credit Suisse ( XIV), down 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.