Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Qualcomm ( QCOM) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Qualcomm rose $0.96 (1.3%) to $74.22 on average volume. Throughout the day, 14,901,206 shares of Qualcomm exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,499,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $72.62-$74.49 after having opened the day at $72.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.26. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Blonder Tongue Laboratories ( BDR), up 10.1%, Alvarion ( ALVR), up 9.5%, JDS Uniphase Corp (CA ( JDSU), up 4.5% and eOn Communications Corporation ( EONC), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Qualcomm Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.