Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Blackstone Group ( BX) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Blackstone Group rose $0.52 (1.6%) to $32.75 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,658,390 shares of Blackstone Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,228,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.79-$32.93 after having opened the day at $32.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.23. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Siebert Financial Corporation ( SIEB), up 30.7%, Credit Suisse ( TVIX), up 16.7%, C-Tracks Citi Volatility Index TR ETN ( CVOL), up 15.2% and iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN ( VXX), up 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Blackstone Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.