Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Microsoft Corporation ( MSFT) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Microsoft Corporation rose $0.98 (2.7%) to $37.84 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 86,055,708 shares of Microsoft Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 40,511,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.56-$37.89 after having opened the day at $36.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.86. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: Zynga ( ZNGA), up 23.6%, Computer Programs and Systems ( CPSI), up 17.6%, Proofpoint ( PFPT), up 10.8% and Unisys Corporation ( UIS), up 10.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Microsoft Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.