Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Finisar Corporation ( FNSR) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Finisar Corporation rose $0.50 (2.1%) to $23.71 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,499,417 shares of Finisar Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,349,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $23.20-$24.40 after having opened the day at $23.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.21. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Echelon Corporation ( ELON), up 17.0%, Qumu ( QUMU), up 8.8%, Gigamon ( GIMO), up 8.7% and Mad Catz Interactive ( MCZ), up 7.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Finisar Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.