Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Cepheid ( CPHD) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cepheid as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CPHD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.5 million.
- CPHD has traded 129,045 shares today.
- CPHD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CPHD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CPHD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CPHD: Cepheid, a molecular diagnostics company, develops, manufactures, and markets integrated systems for testing in the clinical market; and for application in legacy non-clinical market. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Cepheid a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cepheid has been 502,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cepheid has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.50 and a short float of 19.9% with 16.32 days to cover. Shares are up 1.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cepheid as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CPHD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.35, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- CEPHEID INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CEPHEID INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.30 versus $0.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.23 versus -$0.30).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CEPHEID INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $6.92 million or 27.35% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Cepheid Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.