Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kirby ( KEX) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Kirby fell $1.48 (-1.5%) to $97.29 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 810,562 shares of Kirby exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 280,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $97.10-$99.92 after having opened the day at $98.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $98.77. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Allegiant Travel Company ( ALGT), down 8.6%, Seanergy Maritime Holdings ( SHIP), down 8.3%, Providence & Worcester Railroad Company ( PWX), down 6.2% and Genco Shipping & Trading ( GNK), down 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Kirby Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.