Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. J.C. Penney ( JCP) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, J.C. Penney fell $0.51 (-8.1%) to $5.78 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 53,059,650 shares of J.C. Penney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 31,872,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $5.69-$6.38 after having opened the day at $6.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.29. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: Overstock.com ( OSTK), down 22.3%, HHGregg Incorporated ( HGG), down 19.3%, QKL Stores ( QKLS), down 7.0% and Best Buy ( BBY), down 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full J.C. Penney Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.