Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Newmont Mining Corporation ( NEM) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Newmont Mining Corporation fell $0.76 (-3.1%) to $24.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,379,591 shares of Newmont Mining Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,112,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.80-$24.39 after having opened the day at $23.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.87. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: North American Palladium ( PAL), down 18.1%, Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation ( TRX), down 6.6%, MAG Silver Corporation ( MVG), down 5.7% and Gold Fields ( GFI), down 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Newmont Mining Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.