Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Union Pacific ( UNP) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Union Pacific rose $4.28 (2.5%) to $176.23 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,675,862 shares of Union Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,945,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $174.33-$177.00 after having opened the day at $174.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $171.95. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Paragon Shipping ( PRGN), up 10.6%, USA Truck ( USAK), up 9.2%, Globus Maritime ( GLBS), up 6.4% and China Metro-Rural Holdings ( CNR), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.