Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walgreen Company ( WAG) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Walgreen Company rose $0.76 (1.4%) to $57.26 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,117,457 shares of Walgreen Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,554,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.72-$57.74 after having opened the day at $56.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.50. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: ValueVision Media ( VVTV), up 8.4%, Tile Shop Holdings ( TTS), up 6.6%, Rite Aid Corporation ( RAD), up 5.8% and Shoe Carnival ( SCVL), up 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Walgreen Company Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.