Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Comcast ( CMCSA) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.0%. By the end of trading, Comcast rose $1.13 (2.1%) to $54.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 14,396,628 shares of Comcast exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,176,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.98-$54.35 after having opened the day at $53.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.06. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: NTN Buzztime ( NTN), up 25.3%, YOU On Demand Holdings ( YOD), up 17.9%, Pandora Media ( P), up 11.0% and Spanish Broadcasting System ( SBSA), up 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Comcast Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.