- REGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $275.0 million.
- REGN has a PE ratio of 39.0.
- REGN is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- REGN is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- REGN is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- REGN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- REGN has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 2%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in REGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for REGN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on REGN: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions in the United States and internationally. REGN has a PE ratio of 39.0. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Regeneron Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Regeneron Pharmaceuticals has been 835,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Regeneron has a market cap of $27.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.78 and a short float of 6% with 4.34 days to cover. Shares are up 2.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Regeneron Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 39.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- REGN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.29 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.35, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, REGN's share price has jumped by 65.52%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS's earnings per share declined by 27.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS turned its bottom line around by earning $6.61 versus -$2.44 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 41.8% in earnings ($3.85 versus $6.61).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 26.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $191.47 million to $141.31 million.
- You can view the full Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.