Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Nucor ( NUE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Nucor fell $0.56 (-1.1%) to $48.43 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,116,060 shares of Nucor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,686,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.82-$48.86 after having opened the day at $48.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.99. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Insteel Industries ( IIIN), down 5.3%, United States Antimony Corporation ( UAMY), down 5.2%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), down 5.0% and Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), down 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Nucor Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.