Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walt Disney ( DIS) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Walt Disney fell $1.55 (-2.1%) to $71.33 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,586,944 shares of Walt Disney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,618,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $71.12-$72.24 after having opened the day at $71.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.88. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Net Servicos De Comunicacao ( NETC), down 6.3%, MDC Partners ( MDCA), down 6.1%, Bona Film Group ( BONA), down 5.9% and YuMe ( YUME), down 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.