Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar fell $1.85 (-2.0%) to $90.62 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,079,318 shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,213,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $90.29-$91.96 after having opened the day at $91.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $92.47. Other companies within the Industrial industry that declined today were: THT Heat Transfer Technology ( THTI), down 13.5%, Chase Corporation ( CCF), down 6.4%, IntriCon Corporation ( IIN), down 5.5% and Proto Labs ( PRLB), down 5.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.