Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Aetna ( AET) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Aetna fell $0.87 (-1.3%) to $68.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,477,511 shares of Aetna exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,546,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $67.89-$69.82 after having opened the day at $68.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.93. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Progenics Pharmaceuticals ( PGNX), down 27.4%, TearLab Corpoartion ( TEAR), down 14.1%, BG Medicine ( BGMD), down 11.5% and Idenix Pharmaceuticals ( IDIX), down 10.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Aetna Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.