Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EOG Resources ( EOG) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, EOG Resources fell $2.57 (-1.5%) to $164.65 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,636,810 shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,918,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $163.54-$166.16 after having opened the day at $165.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $167.22. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Recon Technology ( RCON), down 11.7%, Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), down 7.7%, YPF Sociedad Anonima ( YPF), down 6.9% and MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.