Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Lorillard ( LO) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Lorillard fell $0.77 (-1.6%) to $49.01 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,265,238 shares of Lorillard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,114,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.81-$49.80 after having opened the day at $49.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.78. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Tandy Brands Accessories ( TBAC), down 15.7%, American Apparel ( APP), down 8.1%, Black Diamond ( BDE), down 7.9% and Quiksilver ( ZQK), down 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Lorillard Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.