Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Praxair ( PX) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Praxair rose $1.63 (1.3%) to $127.33 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,496,652 shares of Praxair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 992,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $125.00-$129.48 after having opened the day at $126.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $125.70. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Siemens ( SI), up 3.6% and Korea Electric Power ( KEP), up 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Praxair Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.