Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ciena Corporation ( CIEN) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Ciena Corporation rose $0.64 (2.9%) to $22.88 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,079,096 shares of Ciena Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,390,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.21-$23.29 after having opened the day at $22.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.24. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: AudioCodes ( AUDC), up 9.1%, iPass ( IPAS), up 7.6%, Towerstream Corporation ( TWER), up 7.2% and Hong Kong Television Network ( HKTV), up 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ciena Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.