Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Activision Blizzard ( ATVI) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Activision Blizzard rose $0.22 (1.3%) to $16.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,254,497 shares of Activision Blizzard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,282,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.68-$17.05 after having opened the day at $16.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.69. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Vringo ( VRNG), up 20.6%, Freescale Semiconductor ( FSL), up 14.7%, Violin Memory ( VMEM), up 12.5% and Plug Power ( PLUG), up 10.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Activision Blizzard Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.