Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Vale ( VALE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Vale rose $0.37 (2.8%) to $13.57 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 36,259,378 shares of Vale exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17,843,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.97-$13.79 after having opened the day at $12.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.20. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 58.7%, Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation ( TRX), up 17.1%, Timberline Resources Corporation ( TLR), up 14.6% and Alexco Resource ( AXU), up 9.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Vale Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.