Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Martin Marietta Materials ( MLM) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Martin Marietta Materials rose $1.25 (1.2%) to $108.00 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,098,530 shares of Martin Marietta Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 567,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $104.81-$109.71 after having opened the day at $109.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $106.75. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), up 3.1%, China Recycling Energy Corporation ( CREG), up 2.3%, Hovnanian ( HOV), up 2.0% and KB Home ( KBH), up 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Martin Marietta Materials Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.