Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Corning ( GLW) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Corning fell $1.13 (-6.2%) to $17.09 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 40,594,655 shares of Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,732,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.55-$17.64 after having opened the day at $17.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.22. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: LiveDeal ( LIVE), down 31.6%, Alvarion ( ALVR), down 20.0%, VimpelCom ( VIP), down 12.8% and Seagate Technology ( STX), down 11.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Corning Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.