Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ashland ( ASH) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Ashland fell $1.10 (-1.1%) to $94.19 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,608,643 shares of Ashland exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 640,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $92.71-$95.95 after having opened the day at $93.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $95.29. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Olin Corporation ( OLN), down 4.2%, Rentech Nitrogen Partners ( RNF), down 3.7%, Penford Corporation ( PENX), down 2.8% and Quaker Chemical Corporation ( KWR), down 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ashland Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.