Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Seadrill ( SDRL) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Seadrill fell $0.69 (-1.8%) to $37.06 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,958,337 shares of Seadrill exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,864,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.67-$37.54 after having opened the day at $36.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.75. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Quaterra Resources ( QMM), down 11.5%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 9.4%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), down 7.1% and North American Palladium ( PAL), down 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Seadrill Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.