Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alcatel-Lucent ( ALU) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Alcatel-Lucent rose $0.05 (1.3%) to $4.01 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,447,732 shares of Alcatel-Lucent exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,378,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.99-$4.06 after having opened the day at $4.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.96. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: ORBCOMM ( ORBC), up 18.8%, Wireless Telecom Group ( WTT), up 16.4%, China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech ( CNTF), up 12.4% and Sky-mobi ( MOBI), up 8.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alcatel-Lucent Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.