Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Actavis ( ACT) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, Actavis rose $5.46 (3.1%) to $184.16 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,824,180 shares of Actavis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,328,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $179.11-$184.55 after having opened the day at $179.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $178.70. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: BG Medicine ( BGMD), up 20.9%, Idenix Pharmaceuticals ( IDIX), up 17.0%, SciClone Pharmaceuticals ( SCLN), up 16.7% and Alimera ( ALIM), up 14.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Actavis Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.