Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation ( COG) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation rose $1.32 (3.4%) to $40.39 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,610,342 shares of Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,319,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.54-$40.62 after having opened the day at $39.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.07. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Recon Technology ( RCON), up 38.2%, Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), up 18.9%, Rocket Fuel ( FUEL), up 14.9% and PDC Energy ( PDCE), up 11.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.