Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. SolarCity ( SCTY) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, SolarCity rose $4.13 (5.9%) to $74.07 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,213,788 shares of SolarCity exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,828,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.00-$74.13 after having opened the day at $71.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.94. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: SemiLEDs ( LEDS), up 22.2%, Silicon Motion Technology Corporation ( SIMO), up 16.0%, Sanmina ( SANM), up 12.9% and Kulicke & Soffa Industries ( KLIC), up 11.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full SolarCity Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.