Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gilead ( GILD) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.1%. By the end of trading, Gilead rose $1.81 (2.3%) to $80.67 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,148,610 shares of Gilead exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,868,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $79.82-$81.17 after having opened the day at $80.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.86. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Idenix Pharmaceuticals ( IDIX), up 17.0%, SciClone Pharmaceuticals ( SCLN), up 16.7%, Alimera ( ALIM), up 14.0% and Arrowhead Research Corporation ( ARWR), up 13.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Gilead Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.