Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hess ( HES) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Hess rose $1.22 (1.6%) to $76.80 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,500,701 shares of Hess exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,469,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $75.75-$77.19 after having opened the day at $75.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.58. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Recon Technology ( RCON), up 38.2%, Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), up 18.9%, AK Steel Holding Corporation ( AKS), up 18.7% and Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), up 17.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hess Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.