Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tesla Motors ( TSLA) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Tesla Motors rose $8.76 (5.2%) to $178.38 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,066,561 shares of Tesla Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,383,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $171.00-$178.98 after having opened the day at $171.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $169.62. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Oshkosh Corporation ( OSK), up 8.0%, Strattec Security Corporation ( STRT), up 7.2%, Tata Motors ( TTM), up 5.9% and Motorcar Parts of America ( MPAA), up 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Tesla Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.