BAGNEUX, France, Jan. 28, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DBV Technologies (Euronext: DBV - ISIN: FR0010417345), creator of Viaskin®, a new paradigm for the treatment of allergies, announced today that five presentations related to its proprietary technology will be presented at the 2014 Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) being held in San Diego, California from February 28 to March 4, 2014. The abstracts will also be published in the February 2014 supplement of the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (JACI). Pierre-Henri Benhamou, Chairman & CEO of DBV Technologies, said: " DBV is continuously increasing its knowledge of Epicutaneous Immunotherapy (EPIT TM ). This year at AAAAI, we are proud to be presenting, with the Mount Sinai Hospital team, ground breaking preclinical results demonstrating the effectiveness of Viaskin's mechanism of action. We are starting to characterize key and differentiated cellular mechanisms, as well as epigenetic modulations involved with EPIT that, we believe, will help change and reshape the future of immunotherapy and treatment of Allergies." Four communications will be presented on DBV' technology and mechanism of action, showing that EPIT TM acts as a powerful and long lasting immune-modulating agent, acting on DNA expression by epigenetic modifications.
- "Epicutaneous Immunotherapy Induces Epigenetic Changes In Sensitized Mice" will be presented by Dr. Lucie Mondoulet for an oral presentation during an Oral Abstract Session (Number: 1000, Session Number: 5606, Session Title: New Forms of Immunotherapy on Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 2:30 PM to 2:45 PM).
- "Epicutaneous Immunotherapy-Induced Regulatory T Cells Could Migrate To More Various Sites Of Allergen Exposure Compared To Sublingual Or Subcutaneous Immunotherapy In Mice Sensitized To Peanut" will be presented by Dr. Vincent Dioszeghy during a poster session (Number: 172, Session Number: 2211, Session Title: Oral Immunotherapy at Exhibit Hall B2, Ground Level, San Diego Convention Center on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 9:45am-10:45am)
- "Long Term Protection Against New Sensitization After Milk-Epit In Mice Sensitized To Milk Is Mediated By Tregs" will be presented by Dr. Lucie Mondoulet during a poster session (Number: 171, Session Number: 2211, Session Title: Oral Immunotherapy at Exhibit Hall B2, Ground Level, San Diego Convention Center on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 9:45am-10:45am)
- "De Novo Generation Of Gastrointestinal Regulatory T Cells In Response To OIT and EPIT" will be presented by Dr. Cécilia Berin from Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Jaffe Food Allergy Institute, New York, USA during a poster presentation (Number: 170, Session Number: 2211, Session Title: Oral Immunotherapy at Exhibit Hall B2, Ground Level, San Diego Convention Center on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 9:45am-10:45am)
- "Peanut Epicutaneous Immunotherapy (EPIT TM ) In Peanut-Allergic Children: 18 Months Treatment In The Arachild Study" will be presented by Pr. Christophe Dupont during a poster session (Number: 357, Session Number: 3207, Session Title: Food Allergy I at Exhibit Hall B2, Ground Level, San Diego Convention Center on Sunday, March 2, 2014 at 9:45am-10:45am). No new data will be disclosed during this session, compared to what has been disclosed to date.
Forward Looking Statement The forward-looking statements, objectives and targets contained herein are based on the Company's management strategy, current views and assumptions. Such statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those anticipated herein. Furthermore, the Research and Development process involves several stages each of which involve the substantial risk that the Company may fail to achieve its objectives and be forced to abandon its efforts with regards to a product in which it has invested significant sums. Therefore, the Company cannot be certain that favorable results obtained during pre-clinical trials will be confirmed subsequently during clinical trials, or that the results of clinical trials will be sufficient to demonstrate the safe and effective nature of the product concerned. DBV technologies' business is subject to the risk factors outlined in its registration documents filed with the French Autorité des Marchés Financiers.Contacts
|David Schilansky Chief Financial Officer DBV Technologies Tel. : +33(0)1 55 42 78 75 firstname.lastname@example.org Alan S. Roemer U.S. Investor Relations The Trout Group Tel. : +1 646 378-2945 email@example.com BMC Communications Media Relations Brad Miles Tel. : +1 646-513-3125 firstname.lastname@example.org|