ADVISORY, Jan. 28, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- What: Pro Football Hall of Famer Anthony Muñoz, a two-time Super Bowl Player and President of the Anthony Muñoz Foundation, will visit the NASDAQ MarketSite in Times Square. Muñoz and TEAM CEO Andre Farr will ring the Closing Bell as a call to action for NFL players and the business community to ensure athletes are prepared for post-game life. With an average career of 4.6 years, 78 percent of former NFL players face financial distress within two years of leaving the league. Muñoz founded his namesake foundation to help his local community and athletes, offering scholarships to students in the Tri-state Area. He encourages companies to embrace and train former athletes for second careers. TEAM Services Corporation, a minority-owned crowd management and event-staffing firm, is one example of such an enterprise. Joining Muñoz are individuals equally focused on the social aspects of athletes' transition to regular life. They are:
- Malcolm Lee, 'Best Man Holiday' Director;
- 'Sugar' Shane Mosley, former professional boxer;
- Kenyon Martin, New York Knicks power forward;
- Andre Farr, TEAM Services Corporation CEO;
- Carey Drayton, TEAM Services President and security expert; and
- David Hinson, U.S. Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) National Director.