Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BlackBerry ( BBRY) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, BlackBerry fell $0.14 (-1.4%) to $9.75 on average volume. Throughout the day, 27,730,952 shares of BlackBerry exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 26,314,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $9.47-$10.00 after having opened the day at $9.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.89. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Gogo ( GOGO), down 9.6%, Envivio ( ENVI), down 8.5%, WPCS International ( WPCS), down 8.4% and Novatel Wireless ( NVTL), down 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.