Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Goldcorp ( GG) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.7%. By the end of trading, Goldcorp fell $0.77 (-3.2%) to $23.28 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,059,269 shares of Goldcorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,993,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.25-$23.94 after having opened the day at $23.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.05. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Quaterra Resources ( QMM), down 14.8%, Golden Star Resources ( GSS), down 14.8%, Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), down 14.7% and Golden Minerals ( AUMN), down 14.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Goldcorp Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.